- All participants must register to attend InConSET 2018 either as a presenter (podium or poster) or an attendee.
- One registration serves ONE (1) participant only.
- The registration fee includes admission for ONE (1) person to the two-day conference (keynote addresses and technical sessions), print materials, luncheons and refreshments. Podium presenter registration fee also includes publication fee of ONE (1) paper in the conference proceedings that will be indexed by SCOPUS, among others. Additional papers and/or pages will incur an extra charge to the registration fee.
- The participant is eligible for a discounted Student’s Rate if he/she is a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student. The student must provide proof (i.e. letter from the institute of higher education) for verification.
- International students based in Malaysia are also eligible for a discounted Student’s Rate if he/she is a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate student in Malaysia. The student must provide proof (i.e. letter from the institute of higher education or student’s visa) for verification.
- Registrations may not be transferred to anyone.
- Once the registration fees have been paid there will be no refunds.
Confirmed registrants who do not participate or who cancel will forfeit their registration fees. Refunds will not be given for no-shows. InConSET 2018 reserves the right to cancel any event if the minimum registration is not met. In the event of an InConSET 2018 cancellation, all registration fees will be refunded.
Papers that are accepted must be presented at InConSET 2018, either by the authors themselves, or via proxy. In case a paper is not presented at InConSET 2018, it shall be deemed a “no-show”. No-shows will be removed from post-conference distribution and will not be available on open-access publications.
Exceptions to this policy will be made in rare and unusual situations by the Organising Committee only if there is evidence that the no-show occurred because of unanticipated events beyond the control of the authors, and that every option available to the authors to present the paper was exhausted.
Authors of no-show papers wishing to appeal the no-show status of their paper must appeal by email to the Organising Committee no later than 14 days after the start of InConSET 2018 and must provide evidence to convincingly demonstrate that their absence was as a result of forces beyond their will and control, or that an erroneous decision was made.
Decisions on appeals will be made by the Organising Committee based on the supporting evidence provided. Failure to meet the appeals deadline will automatically result in rejection of the appeal. Possible evidence for exceptions include medical documents, death notices, airline ticket receipts, visa-rejection letters, and other official documents supporting the appeal such as visa-application receipts (proof that the application was submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the InConSET 2018 start date).